Friday, March 11, 2011

My attempt at Rainbow Cupcakes

-Anonymous

My service fraternity is having a bake sale this Sunday so I chose to get creative and finally make the rainbow cupcakes I have been dying to make. My friend Amanda (http://helloprettyeyes.blogspot.com/) made these awesome cupcakes and gave me the inspiration. For those of you who would like to make them too, they really aren't that hard to make. Here is how.....

Buy some white cake mix. One Box makes 2 dozen cupcakes.

You need to also buy food coloring and add these to several small bowls of white cake mix. You can add as many colors as you want. I had 5 colors because that is how many bowls I had.

You then need to add about a tea spoon of each color to each cupcake. Make sure while doing this you keep each color separate. This means use a different spoon for each color.


Bake for 16 min and ta da!

Let the cupcakes cool and you can add whatever icing you want. I saw a cool recipe where they have multicolor frosting but I felt my cupcakes had enough color for right now.

They tasted awesome!

Hope you will go out and try to make your own now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment