Monday, February 28, 2011

Glasses

"I want to treat April like a queen. And queens deserve flowers and massages, chocolate, booze, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, them treasure chests full of scarves, different kinds of lubes that warm up when you rub them on stuff."
-Parks and Recreation


I haven't worn glasses in years. My contacts have become my friend. My tool for seeing the world. They are now gone. I ripped them in half. It was a tragic accident. I must now turn back to my glasses which have been long abandoned. They must hate me. I can't see properly out of them. They are crooked and awkward. I feel so gross. It's hard to put makeup on. It's hard to work out without them moving every where. I'm trying to make the best of things but I feel like when I get ready what's the point? Wearing my glasses is like having a huge pimple on my face. Some people can pull glasses off no problem but I feel like I am not one of these people. I'm not cool and hip. I look nerdy. Just nerdy. So until I get my contacts back I have to face the world with four eyes. Ughh...

No comments:

Post a Comment