Wednesday, April 20, 2011

That new car smell smell


So a lot of things have been changing. I thought I'd update a few people in my life.

I'm going to study abroad in Barcelona, Spain! I leave on June 27th and I couldn't be more excited. I've always wanted to go to Europe and what's a better way than on OU's dime?


Tomorrow is my nephew's first birthday! I'm currently down in Texas with them getting ready for the festivities. It will be a great weekend. Tomorrow we start it off by going to the NICU to visit all the wonderful nurses that helped Jaiden while he spent 5 long months in their care.

And finally the biggest change in my life. My boyfriend of two years and I broke up last weekend which turned my world upside down. First of all I had to find a new place to live this summer and next semester. Of course he waited till the last minute so finding a roommate so late was really hard. Thank goodness my friends are amazing and helped me out so this summer I will be living with my friend Michelle and next year I will be living with Justina and hopefully Angela. I'm doing ok with the break up this time. In October when he broke up with me the first time I was in shock I guess so I didn't take it so well. And then a week later we got back together which was dumb on my part. I knew he wasn't just magically ready to get back into a relationship but I was weak and didn't want to lose him. It sucks when someone else seems to be in charge of your life. I don't want that to happen to me again. By the end of our relationship I didn't even feel like we were friends any more. He never wanted to hang out with me and I just felt like a burden to him. It seemed like he just wasn't trying. Which should have been a red flag but I overlooked a lot of things while we were together. I'm not trying to trash talk him though. I truly believed he tried to be the best boyfriend he could to me but in the long run it wasn't what I deserved or wanted. I think he's a good person and I wish he could have been what I wanted him to be but we can't control other people's actions or feelings.

I'm hoping to take this time to focus on myself and finish school. I'm going to try and still graduate next Spring and get out of OU. I'm ready to move on and go to the next stage in my life. Oh and my hair is back to it's natural color! It's been a while lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment